Monday, July 4, 2011

Nifty things with Newspaper!

This is just a quick little crafty post because I was inspired by some other artsy blogs that I follow this afternoon!

This past Friday I went to buy a little gift for one of the boys that I worked with at the Hogar de los niƱos because he, Nahuel turned 14 on Saturday! I got some artist sketch paper, colored pencils, and markers that have a different color on both ends! I got a little over excited and bought some things for a project that I will finish before I leave B.A....which I will share more about later.

ANYWAY, as I walked home I realized I didn't have wrapping paper and reluctant to spend money on a whole roll and too scared to ask Bibi for some, I decided to buy the newspaper and use the sports section to wrap Nahuel's birthday presents! I had seen a gift that a good friend of mine Anna Chambless wrapped at Christmas with newspaper and LOVED it...so I just decided to use her idea and use the Diario.

I got home and when Bibi saw what I was doing she kept saying how strange I am...as usual. But this time, I told her to wait and see and that I bet she'd love the final product...


And HERE IT IS!!

Bibi did love it and I was SO pumped, and it is SUPER easy to do! 
Anyway, just thought I'd share...I'm really off to Mendoza now! :)
Happy 4th,
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment